- Gene Chizik's recipe for disaster: Done.
- Game Scripts and Knockouts: Game Scripts will have to wait another season, but Knockouts? Done, done, and finally done.
- Jeremy Johnson clips: Not done and won't be. I made a video of every packaged play Auburn's used since 2013 instead. Breakdown here.
- Hurry-Up Snaps: Not done. More on that in a bit.
- Passing Game Explainer: On target for August.
- College Football Championship Belt: Renaming it the Transitive Trophy. I have the whole list from 1869 to now, but not sure how to present it. We'll see.
Now, about those Hurry-Up Snaps. I used the cut-up videos to get the seconds left on the play clock for every snap Auburn had on offense. But the video doesn't show the play clock on some plays. Lots of them if it's a CBS game. And it's hard to know if the offense had a full 40 seconds to work with or if there were only 25. The list of reasons it starts at 25 is longer than I thought it was. Basically, I don't trust my numbers enough to go any further.
So, I'm gonna drop it. It's a shame too, because I had a "hilarious" image to go along with it.
But this is where you come in. Maybe you can extract some meaning from the data. Maybe you want to at least give it a try. Great! Here's a link to the data in Google Sheets. I prefer you download it first, but I have another copy so don't worry about messing it up. Go ahead and tinker with it as you wish. And if you get something useful out if it, by all means let me know by commenting below, emailing me, tweeting at me, whatever.
I look forward to seeing what you can do!